Challenge Alaska has great volunteer opportunities for those who wish to become involved and learn more about working with people with disabilities. Challenge Alaska would not exist if it were not for our many hard-working volunteers.
Adaptive Ski & Snowboard School
The Challenge Alaska Ski & Snowboard School needs volunteers November 15 - April 15, to teach skiing and snowboarding to individuals with disabilities. Additional volunteer opportunities are available including: building maintenance, office assistance, program administration, and more.
Paralympic Sport Club Program
Specific volunteer needs - click on the following to see a job description:
- Cross Country Ski Instructor - Anchorage; November - March
- Cross Country Ski Partner - Anchorage, November - March
- Cross Country Ski Technician - Anchorage, October - March
- Cycle Maintenance Tech - Anchorage, May - September
- Para-Cycle Riding Partner - Anchorage, June - September
- Wheelchair Basketball Photographer - Anchorage, January - March
- Wheelchair Basketball Referee - Anchorage, January - March
Click any of the links above to read job descriptions for each volunteer position. Contact Jeff with questions at (907) 344-7270 or complete a volunteer application and fax to Jeff at (907) 344-7349.
For any other volunteer positions with the Anchorage office:
When complete, FAX to (907) 344-7349
Special Events & Fundraising
Challenge Alaska Auction
This annual event is held in February and is Challenge Alaska's single largest fundraiser. Help is needed with this even beginning in November all of the way up to the night of the event. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Reaching out to and connecting with local businesses to secure donations for live and silent auction packages
- Designing the auction booklet
- Setting up displays the night of the event
- Decorating the ballroom the night of the event
- And more.....bring your unique talents and support Challenge Alaska
This annual event is held in March at Challenge Alaska's Adaptive Ski & Snowboard School in Girdwood. Beyond getting pledges, help is needed with a number of tasks the day of the event. Contact Jeremy directly at (907) 783-2925 to find out more about helping with Snowblast.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR:
Summer Splash - June 24, 2017:
We are currently looking for people interested in helping with our annual adaptive water sports symposium. Needs include:
- Canoe/Kayak Station Coordinator
- Tubing Station Coordinator
- Pontoon Boat/Jet Boat Station Coordinator
- Personal Watercraft Station Coordinator
- Water Ski Station Assistant Coordinator
- Water Ski Fitters/Starters
- Lunch Assistants (prep, serving, clean up)
- Jumpers - follow water skiers / tube riders on personal watercraft (passenger) and, if necessary, assist fallen skiers with re-starting or getting out of water into boat / tube.
- Spotters - ride in boat and ensure safety of persons being towed
- Photographers / videographers - camera / GoPro provided, but you're welcome to bring and use your own equipment if you have it and are willing
- Lifeguards/First Responders